कुछ बात है कि हस्ती, मिटती नहीं हमारी।
सदियों रहा है दुश्मन, दौर–ए–ज़माँ हमारा
Poet Iqbal’s couplet on Hindustan is one hundred percent applicable on the Jew people and the country of Israel. The Jews have been persecuted for over two thousand years, yet their faith has not weakened, and they have grown from strength to strength. Israel is a nation forged out of blood, sweat and toil of millions of Jews.
Judaism, Christianity, and Islam religions have a common link, all are Abrahamic religions where Abraham is the common patriarch. In Judaism, he is the founding father of the special relationship between the Jews and God; in Christianity, he is the spiritual head of all believers, whether Jewish or non-Jewish; and in Islam, he is a link in the chain of Islamic prophets that begins with Adam and culminates in Muhammad.
Judaism is older than Christianity. Christianity began as a sect of Judaism in the first century CE and evolved into a separate religion with distinctive beliefs and practices. Judaism teaches a life of holiness through performing commandments (mitzvot) and adhering to the Bible’s standards of social justice as laid down by the Prophets. Jesus is the central figure of Christianity, considered by almost all denominations to be God the Son, one person of the Trinity.
Christianity spread widely after being adopted by the Roman Empire as a state religion in the 4th century CE. Islam was founded by Muhammad in the 7th century CE, and also widely spread through the early Muslim conquests. Both these religions believe in conversion to their faith while Judaism does not believe in that.
Origins of Jews
Jews originated as an ethnic and religious group in the Middle East during the second millennium BC, in a part known as the Land of Israel. Ancient Egypt confirms the existence of a people of Israel as far back as the 13th century BC.
In ancient Hebrew Bible, Abraham is regarded as the first Hebrew/Israelite/Jew and the one who therefore starts Jewish history as the founder and originator of the Jewish people. Later, Moses liberates the Children of Israel from ancient Egypt and after the Exodus the nation of Israel is born as it heads to the promised land of the Land of Israel.
According to the Biblical narrative, the Land of Israel was organized into a confederacy of twelve tribes ruled by a series of Judges for several hundred years. After that Israelite monarchy was established in 1037 BCE under Saul, and continued under King David and his son, Solomon. During the reign of David, the already existing city of Jerusalem became the national and spiritual capital of the United Kingdom of Israel and Judah. Solomon built the First Temple on Mount Moriah in Jerusalem.
Exile and Persecution of Jews for 2000 years
In 587 BCE the Kingdom of Judah was conquered by the Babylonian army (now Iraq) and the First Temple was destroyed. The elite of the kingdom and many of their people were exiled to Babylon, others fled to Egypt. The construction of the Second Temple was completed in 516 BC.
After Christianity became strong, it became official Christian policy to convert Jews to Christianity, and the Christian leadership used the official power of Rome in their attempts.
In the beginning of the 5th century, the king issued a set of decrees establishing official persecution of Jews. The authorities further restricted the civil rights of Jews, and threatened their religious privileges. Those who disobeyed were forced to embrace Christianity. The persecution continued till Islam came into prominence.
From 7th century CE Islam spread rapidly and the Islamic rulers were tolerant of Jews religion and the golden age of Jewish culture coincided with the Middle Ages in Europe. During that time, Jews were generally accepted in society and Jewish religious, cultural, and economic life blossomed.
Crusaders period (1099–1260)
Christians participated in the Crusades to avenge the death of Jesus. They would massacre the Jews residing in their midst to avenge the crucifixion of Christ. A huge loss of Jewish life took place. Many were forcibly converted to Christianity and many committed suicides to avoid baptism. This massacre is seen as the first in a sequence of anti-Semitic events which culminated in the Holocaust.
During the 11th century, Muslims in Spain conducted pogroms against the Jews. During the Middle Ages, the governments of Egypt, Syria, Iraq and Yemen enacted decrees ordering the destruction of synagogues. At certain times, Jews were forced to convert to Islam or face death in some parts of Yemen, Morocco and Baghdad. Faced with the choice of death or conversion, many Jews emigrated. to more tolerant Muslim lands or settled in the growing Christian kingdoms.
Europe period (1300-1945)
According to the American writer James Carroll, “Jews accounted for 10% of the total population of the Roman Empire. By that ratio, if other factors had not intervened, there would be 20 crore Jews in the world today, instead of something like 1.3 crore. This shows that over 90% of Jewish population have disappeared due to conversion or deaths. Regular pogroms were conducted all over Europe where Jews were forced to live in ghettos and were periodically massacred and forced to convert to Christianity. It was done as Jews were without a significant political force.
Establishment of the State of Israel
It was clear to Jews that they need their own state to stop this continued persecution and looked at the promised land of Israel mentioned in their holy book as that place. The place was then called Palestine.
During the early 20th century, when Ottoman Empire was still dominant, Jewish started immigration and land purchases in the state of Palestine. Palestine is an arid land with poor soil quality not suitable for agriculture. Jewish immigrants rapidly reinvigorated the arid land. The physical landscape changed as advancements in water technology, irrigation, and the ability to use even brackish water for agriculture, showed that even in the desert, human life could be sustained.
Due to sustained effort of Jewish organizations, British Government issued a public statement known as the Balfour Declaration in 1917 during the First World War announcing support for the establishment of a “national home for the Jewish people” in Palestine, then an Ottoman region with a small minority Jewish population.
Before and during World War I (1914–18) Zionists promoted Jewish settlement in Palestine and coordinated several fund-raising drives in Britain and the United States. Jews realized that to continue their efforts to create a Jewish state in Palestine, they needed to be organized and efficient. To this end, they established the Jewish Agency. After 1929 the agency was redesigned to serve the economic and social needs of Jewish settlement in Palestine, and within a decade the agency had evolved into a fully functioning governing body of the Jewry in Palestine. The agency negotiated with Palestinian leadership, foreign governments, and the United Nations.
By World War II (1939–45), it also coordinated the efforts of Jewish militias, or amateur military groups. In 1939, World War II began and by 1941 Hitler occupied almost all of Europe, including Poland—where millions of Jews were living at that time—and France. In 1941 the genocide began in which approximately sixty lakh Jews were murdered methodically and with horrifying cruelty.
The genocide made it clear to Jews that unless they have a country to call their own, the atrocities against them will never stop. After the end of World War II, the Jewish leadership began transporting large number of Jewish war refugees from Europe to Palestine and settling them in Jewish colonies. This was done without the approval of the British authorities who had control over Palestine at that time.
This immigration contributed to massive increase in Jewish settlements in Palestine and the British authorities decided to let the United Nations decide upon the fate of Palestine. On November 29, 1947, the United Nations General Assembly adopted Resolution 181(II) recommending partitioning Palestine into an Arab state, a Jewish state and the City of Jerusalem. The Jewish leadership accepted the decision, but the Arab League and the leadership of Palestinian Arabs opposed it. Arabs said that it was Europe where the Jews were persecuted so the land for Jews should be given in Europe.
On the eve of the British forces’ May 15, 1948, withdrawal, Jews leader David Ben-Gurion proclaimed independence on May 14, 1948, the establishment of a Jewish state in Eretz Israel to be known as the State of Israel.
The history of the Israeli–Palestinian conflict began with the establishment of the state of Israel. While the right to land of Jews was acknowledged, Arabs staying in Palestine for centuries were forced to flee their homeland due to fights with Jews and hostile environment. When one tragedy was getting solved, another tragedy was unfolding in the same land. Lakhs of Palestine Arabs fled to neighboring countries and became refugees. The Arab League consisting of seven Arabic speaking countries (formed in 1945) decided to intervene on behalf of Palestinian Arabs.
Since 1948, Israel has been involved in a series of major military conflicts, including the 1956 Suez Crisis, 1967 Six-Day War, 1973 Yom Kippur War, 1982 Lebanon War, and 2006 Lebanon War, as well as a nearly constant series of ongoing minor conflicts.
Today there are more than 70 lakh Palestinian refugees scattered around the world. The Palestinian forced displacement is at the core of the Palestinian refugee issue and the heart of the Palestinian-Israeli conflict.
Since 1977, an ongoing and largely unsuccessful series of diplomatic efforts have been initiated by Israel, Palestinian organisations, their neighbours, and other parties, including the United States and the European Union, to bring about a peace process to resolve conflicts between Israel and its neighbours, mostly over the fate of the Palestinian people.
Israel is a parliamentary democracy with a population of over 80 lakh people, of whom about 60 lakh are Jewish. The largest Jewish communities are in Israel and the United States, with major communities in France, Argentina, Russia, England, and Canada.
Israel is one of the most resilient and technologically advanced market economies in the world. Its skilled workforce and concentration of venture capital allow the country to lead in innovative industries such as high-tech, clean tech, and the life sciences. Offshore gas discoveries in the Mediterranean place Israel at the centre of a potential regional natural gas market.
Herbew Bible and Gog and Megog
Gog and Magog appear in the Hebrew Bible and the Quran as individuals, tribes, or lands. In Ezekiel Chapter 38, Gog is an individual and Magog is his land. Jewish theology viewed Gog and Magog as enemies to be defeated by the Messiah, which would usher in the age of the Messiah. Christianity’s interpretation is more starkly apocalyptic, making Gog and Magog, indicating nations rather than individuals, who are allies of Satan against God at the end of the millennium, as described in the Book of Revelation. There is a new body of apocalyptic literature in which Gog and Magog are identified as Communist Russia and China and also Russia and Iran.
The horoscope of Israel has been given to us by Guruji Sh. K.N. Rao. Its clear from the horoscope that date and time has been decided by taking advise from the astrologers. The birth time is 14 May 1948 15:30 Tel Aviv, Israel
Lagna rising is Virgo and it’s a Vargottam lagna. Guruji has told us that the best time to be taken for the nation is a fixed lagna and if that is not feasible than a Vargottam lagna. From the fixed lagna of Taurus, Leo, Scorpio and Aquarius, Mars is coming in the Kendra and there is affliction to the fourth house. Jews were displaced from their land for nearly 2000 years and they had to ensure the birth chart completely protects the fourth house which also denotes the country’s land.
Mercury the lagna lord has gone to the ninth house and is conjunct with Sun. A nation is born in the name of religious identity and the nation will be respected due to its conjunction with Sun, the karka of power. Sun as the 12th house lord also shows the support of outside nation’s to the country. USA has provided unwavering support to Israel since its formation.
There is an exchange between 9th and 10th house making the dharm karm adhipati yoga. The nascent country will invite Jews from all over the world to come and be part of the country.
Jupiter in own house in the fourth house shows the strength of the nation. Jupiter is also the seventh lord in the fourth house and the country has fought several wars over land.
Mars the planet to be seen for war is placed in the 12th house and aspects the third, sixth and seventh house. Third house is neighbors, sixth house is disputes and seventh house is wars. The country has been in perpetual dispute with its neighbors.
The eleventh lord of gains Moon is placed in the eleventh house. Lagna lord and 2nd lord are conjunct showing a wealthy nation.
The lagna is in papkartari and sixth and eight house from the fourth house is also in pap kartari and shubh kartari as well. A state of threat will always remain but the yogas shows protection to the nation. It’s a nation which lives under constant threat and still flourishes.
Let’s look at the key events from 1900 onwards and Dashas prevailing at the time
- Hitler came to power in Germany, attacked neighboring countries and started mass extermination of Jews – 1941-44. Rao sir has told us that the dasha continues after the death and before birth. Here we have taken the horoscope of Israel which was formed in 1948 and taken the dasha before its formation. Dasha running was Saturn- Ketu. Saturn is the sixth lord placed in the eleventh house showing escalation of problems. Saturn is also the 5th lord showing the Jews children /people. Ketu is placed in the 2nd house which is marak bhav. In D – 4 Ketu is conjunct with debilitated Saturn.
- Jew organizations gave a call for all Jews to settle in Palestine. Between 1944-46, waves of Jews started immigrating to Palestine which was under England’s control. Dasha running was Saturn- Venus. Venus is aspecting fourth house and fourth lord. In D-4, Chaturthamsha, Venus is debilitated in the fourth house showing poor, suffering Jews coming back to their promised homeland. The land promised by God is finally given to Jews in the dasha of Saturn – the planet of Justice. Its only apt that Saturn period will make Jews return to their homeland.
- On 29 November 1947, United Nations directs the division of Palestine into Israel, Palestine and Jerusalem. The was the first official acknowledgment of their right to a land after two thousand years. Dasha running was Saturn-Sun-Mer-Moon-Sun. All planets are placed in the 11th house of gains or 9th house of dharma and luck. It was a remarkable achievement for the Jews.
- Palestine was under British control and it was agreed that they will withdraw on 15th May 1948. On the eve of the British forces withdrawal, David Ben-Gurion proclaimed independence on May 14, 1948, the establishment of a Jewish state in Eretz Israel to be known as the State of Israel. Dasha balance was Saturn-Moon-Mars-Saturn-Rahu. The malefic planets predominance shows the adverse conditions when the independence wasdeclared. Britishers were leaving, the country was getting split into two parts and Israel was surrounded by hostile neighbors. The declaration of independence was a sudden surprise move by Ben Gurion.
- 1948 Arab Israeli War On 16 May 1948, Arab forces from Egypt, Jordan, Iraq, Syria, and Lebanon occupied the areas given to Arabs by the UN partition, citing a growing refugee crisis in neighboring Arab countries. By early 1949 the Israelis had managed to occupy all of the land up to the former Egypt-Palestine frontier, except for the Gaza Strip. In 1949 the war ended. The dasha running was Saturn-Moon and Saturn- Mars. Both are considered difficult dashas. It led to severe clashes and war with neighboring countries and wins against them. Saturn and Moon are in the eleventh house of gains.
- In the three years following the 1948 Palestine war, about 700,000 Jews immigrated to Israel, residing mainly along the borders and in former Arab lands. At the same time, many Arabs left, fled or were expelled from, what became Israel. The UN Report indicated that the number of Arab refugees from Israel were also approximately 700,000. Dasha running was Saturn-Rahu. Saturn is the fifth and sixth house lord of people and disputes and Rahu is placed in the eighth house. While lakhs of people got their homeland, as many people lost their homes as well. Violent clashes continued. Rahu is placed in Aries in the eighth house and Israel settled many new Jew colonies in Arab areas at that time.
- In 1956 Suez Canal War – Egyptian President Nasser nationalized the Suez Canal, a vital waterway connecting Europe and Asia that was largely owned by French and British concerns. In October 1956 Israel invaded Egypt’s Sinai Peninsula after an agreement with France and Britain. In five days the Israeli army captured Gaza, Rafaḥ, and Al-ʿArīsh—taking thousands of prisoners—and occupied most of the peninsula east of the Suez Canal. Israeli forces withdrew in March 1957.
The maha dasha of Mercury started in 1956. Mars is placed in the fourth house from Mercury and aspecting the seventh house. The 17 years of Mercury Maha dasha from 1956 to 1973 saw multiple fights / wars/ hostilities with neighboring countries. Egypt stopped access to the Suez Canal and at the start of Mercury mahadasha. During Mercury-Mercury-Venus, Israel attacked Egypt and helped secure access to Suez Canal. Israel forces withdrew at the start of Pratyantar Dasha of Sun. Venus is aspected by Jupiter the seventh lord leading to wars. The good position of Jupiter gave victories. Israel also consolidated its wealth during this time.
8. 1967: Six-Day War Arab and Israeli forces clashed for the third time on 5–10 June 1967, in what came to be called the Six-Day War (or June War). Syria, Jordan and Egypt jointly attacked Israeli settlements but Israel scored an overwhelming victory over them. Israeli units drove back Syrian forces from the Golan Heights, took control of the Gaza Strip and the Sinai Peninsula from Egypt, and drove Jordanian forces from the West Bank. Now the Israelis were left in sole control of Jerusalem. Israel forces won the war in 6 days. Dasha running was Mercury- Mercury-Moon-Venus. Mercury is the lagna lord in raj yoga with Venus, Moon is in own house of gains. This had to give a clear and decisive victory to Israel. Venus gives gains in fights to Israel due to its excellent position.
9. After the 1967 Six-Day War, Israel is believed to have begun full-scale production of nuclear weapons. Although it had built its first operational nuclear weapon by December 1966, it maintains a policy of nuclear opacity, never officially confirming the existence of its nuclear program. Israel has never signed the Non Proliferation Treat (NPT). This happened during the dasha of Mercury-Rahu. We have seen that when countries go nuclear, the dasha of Rahu plays a big role. Rahu is the harbinger of new things, inventions which were not thought off before.
10. The attacks against Israel continued. In 1972 Palestinian “Black September” gunmen took the Israeli team hostage at the Munich Olympics. Two of the athletes were murdered at the site and nine more were killed during a failed rescue attempt by the German authorities. The day of terror began at 4:30 AM on September 5, 1972, when eight Palestinian militants scaled a fence surrounding the Olympic Village in Munich. Disguised as athletes and using stolen keys, they forced their way into the quarters of the Israeli Olympic team. Dasha running was Mercury-Saturn-Rahu-Saturn-Jupiter. Saturn is the 5th and 6th lord and during its dasha, people have suffered. Rahu is in the eight house and is aspected by Saturn. Attacks have happened in the past during their dasha. Fifth house from Jupiter and Rahu are afflicted. The connection of twelfth, sixth and eight lords with Dasha gave a terrible tragedy to Israel.
The transit position shows the tragedy clearly. Mahadasha lord Mercury is transiting in 12th house of loss over natal Mars at close degree. Saturn is transiting over natal Mercury and aspecting natal Saturn. Rahu is transiting over the fifth house and Jupiter is transiting over natal Jupiter at close degree. It gave a terrible tragedy to Israel.
Israel will later hunt down all the people who planned and ordered the attack and will kill them.
11. Yom Kippur War in 1973. On October 6, the Jewish holy day of Yom Kippur, Egyptian forces crossed the Suez Canal and Syrian forces crossing into the Golan Heights. Due to the suddenness of attacks, Israeli forces suffered heavy casualties. The attack happened during Ketu-Venus-Venus period. Ketu is in 2-8 axis and Venus is the second lord. In D-4, Ketu is conjunct with debilitated Saturn and Venus is debilitated in the fourth house. It has given sudden attacks to the country in the past as well where Israel has emerged victorious. The Israeli army, however reversed many of its early losses and pushed its way into Syrian territory and encircled the Egyptian Third Army by crossing the Suez Canal and establishing forces on its west bank. The fighting came to an end on October 26. Israel signed a formal cease-fire agreement with Egypt on 11 November 73 and with Syria on May 31, 1974. The pratyantar dasha of Sun stopped the violence.
12. Plane Hijack On 27 June 1976, an Air France Airbus A300 jet airliner with 248 passengers was hijacked by Palestine terrorists. The hijackers wanted to free 40 Palestinian and affiliated militants imprisoned in Israel and four other countries. The non-Israeli hostages were released but ninety-four, mainly Israeli, passengers along with the 12-member Air France crew, remained as hostages and were threatened with death. Israeli commandos carried out a daring raid on Entebbe Airport in Uganda to free the hostages. The Ketu-Rahu dasha had to give trouble to the nation. It also gave Israel a stunning victory and wrote Israel’s name in the annuals as a great warrior nation.
13. On March 26, 1979, Israel and Egypt signed a peace treaty formally ending the state of war that had existed between the two countries for 30 years. Under the terms of the treaty, which had resulted from the Camp David Accords signed in 1978, Israel returned the entire Sinai Peninsula to Egypt, and, in return, Egypt recognized Israel’s right to exist. The two countries subsequently established normal diplomatic relations. Ketu-Saturn dasha finally stopped the war started in the Saturn dasha and a peace treaty was signed. In D-4 Saturn is debilitated and conjunct with Ketu in the 11th house.
14. 1982: Lebanon War Israel invaded Lebanon on 5 June, 1982 in order to expel Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) leadership after assassination attempt was made by the group on Israeli ambassador to London. After massive Israeli shelling of west Beirut, the PLO evacuated the city. Eventually, Israeli troops withdrew from west Beirut, and the Israeli army had withdrawn entirely from Lebanon by June 1985. Dasha running was Venus-Venus. Till now Arab countries were attacking Israel and Israel was defending. At the start of Venus Maha dasha, that changed, and Israel started attacking other countries. Venus is aspected by Jupiter the seventh lord giving him an aggressive protection strategy. Venus is a rajyog karak dasha for Israel who consolidated its position during the dasha.
15. 2006: Second Lebanon War In July 2006 Hezbollah, a Lebanese organization launched an operation against Israel to pressure the country into releasing Lebanese prisoners, killing a number of Israeli soldiers in the process and capturing two. Israel launched an offensive into southern Lebanon to recover the captured soldiers. The war lasted 34 days but left more than one thousand Lebanese dead and about ten lakh people displaced. Moon dasha started in 2005 and its conjunction with Saturn in the natal chart again gave escalation of violence. Moon dasha has to give gains to Israel as the eleventh lord.
16. The 2014 Gaza War, also known as Operation Protective, was a military operation launched by Israel on 8 July 2014 in the Gaza Strip, a Palestinian territory that has been governed by Hamas since 2007. It was one of the deadliest outbreaks of open conflict between Israel and the Palestinians in decades. The combination of Palestinian rocket attacks and Israeli airstrikes resulted in thousands of deaths, the vast majority of which were Gazan Palestinians. This happened during the Moon-Venus dasha when trouble normally escalates. Venus is debilitated in D-4 in the fourth house. Moon – Venus is 2/12 from each other.
Israel continues to stay in perpetual conflict.
The current dasha running is Mars – Sun and Rahu maha dasha is starting from 8 Apr 2023. Rahu is placed in the 8th house of the horoscope aspected by Saturn. It has given sudden attacks on Israel’s soil during the dasha and people have suffered during the dasha. People are the children of the nation and from Rahu as lagna the 5th house has Mars, 2nd house has Sun and 4th house has Saturn. Rahu is also aspected by Jupiter who is the seventh lord. Israel will be getting into wars during this dasha. The Rahu maha dasha will bring various upheavals in the country. In D-9 Rahu is in the 2nd house which is a marak house. The dasha is not good for Israel. Rahu is placed in the eight house in Trimshamsha and its dispositor Mercury is debilitated in the 5th house.
Let us look at the dasha pravesh chart of Rahu as on 8 Apr 2023.
Lagna lord has gone to the eight house of loss and is conjunct with Rahu. Lagna has a connection with all malefic planets – Saturn, Mars, Sun and Rahu. Moon is also afflicted in Rahu/Ketu axis. The saving grace is that 9th lord Venus is in 9th house and Jupiter is aspecting the lagna and is Vargottam. The seventh lord in 7th house shows war related activities. Jupiter is also combust and in pap kartari. Despite severe losses, Israel will survive. The public will suffer.
Rahu period is for 18 years. Troubles will start from Rahu – Jupiter (Dec 2025 -27) and Rahu-Saturn dasha which starts from May 2028.
Let’s look at Varshphal of 2028. Saturn -Mars are in the lagna. Saturn is debilitated and seventh lord Venus is conjunct with Sun. The country will face serious difficulties in 2028. Rahu- Ketu are in the fourth house. This would be a calamitous year for Israel as kendra has malefic planets.
The Chaitra Shukla pratipada chart on 26 Mar 2028 is also not good. Debilitated Saturn is in lagna and Rahu-Ketu in the fourth house just like the progression chart. Lagna lord Mars is combust. Moon the fourth lord is severally afflicted.
There is exchange between 5th lord Sun and 12th lord Jupiter. The affliction to Kendra’s is complete. During the Rahu-Mercury dasha, there is likelihood of nuclear weapon used by Israel under extreme provocation from April – November 2030.
The country will also face the threat of nuclear war but due to inherent protection in the chart, the country will be able to somehow protect itself. Israel will be attacked during this period and there will be bad years. However, Jupiter provides inherent protection and country will bounce back and find its feet again.